Ignite Intuition and Expand Consciousness
Become your own consciousness coach by strengthening your connection to your intuition. Using your intuition is like conducting a science experiment. You can take my testimony that it’s powerful chemistry, but wouldn’t you rather spark the flame and see for yourself?
Yes, you’ll need to do a little training. Don’t worry – no aerobics required! Instead, this article offers you some exercises that will sensitize you to your feelings and thoughts.
Sensitivity is the first step in communicating with your intuition.
Choose a time when you won’t be interrupted to practice these exercises. Your practice time is most effective if you’re not distracted. Simply keep in mind that when you’re open and relaxed, you’re more receptive to the “voice” of your intuition.
1. The Tide Flows Images To You
Sit or stand, but make yourself comfortable. Imagine that you are
- Digging your toes into sand
- Feeling a soft wind touch your face.
- Listening to the waves roll up on the sand and roll away.
- Warming like a sea turtle on the beach in the strong afternoon sun.
- Now listen more closely to the rhythm of the tides, and begin slowly syncing your inhale and exhale to rhythm of the tides
- The tides are high, rushing to shore and spreading all over the sandy beach.
- In your mind’s eye, watch how the tide rolls in and out. Feel the rhythm of the tide within yourself. Breathe and open your abdomen fully. Feel the imaginary water moving in and out of you.
- Do you feel pulled in and out like the wave? Ask the waves, “Waves, what images do you have for me?” Wait, breathe, and be still. Intuitive images and feelings rise spontaneously within you. You hold the space to receive them.
2. Lightning Strikes for You
If you’ve ever watched a storm when bright flashes sizzle the sky, then you know the power of the energetic activity in a bolt of electricity. You can reach that energy for yourself, using lightning as a doorway.
- Imagine that you are comfortably seated with a good view of the sky. Stare out of an imaginary window, and gaze at the sky as the thunderclouds roll before you. Lightning flashes, leaving its footprint-its light reflection-against the dark, heavy clouds.
- Stare into that space, and the lightning flashes again. Hold the image of the lightning blaze in your mind and breathe the intensity and power of the lightning into you. Imagine the power in your gut, your nervous system. Feel the tingle as the power lightning activates you!
- Now that you feel and focus on the lightning flashes, ask for the images you need according to your intention. Wait, breathe, and be still. Intuitive images and feelings rise spontaneously within you. You hold the space to receive them.
3. Let Nature Teach You
You’ll get a tremendous benefit if you can take a walk or simply retreat to nature itself to learn to soften and focus your vision as a gateway to deeper awareness and feelings. Nature imagery exercises are a good way to use intuition and to help you relax if you work long hours. Natural images are familiar and most people find them comforting.
There are several ways that you can let nature help your intuitive connection.
4. Remembering Past Ah-Ha Moments
An Ah-Ha Moment is your natural intuition at work and at its best.
In a moment of flight over enemy lines, a World War Two pilot had a flash of insight – an “Ah-ha!” moment about what he would do if he lived through that moment. He lived and now owns a large business conglomerate.
While vomiting in the alley behind the local neighborhood pub, an alcoholic wondered what he could do to help himself. — “Ah-ha!” — He saw his answer as a vision in his mind. The next morning he quit drinking and rehabilitated himself.
On the way to her office one morning, a real estate developer wondered what it would take to close a big deal. The answer — “Ah-Ha!” — arrived in her daydreaming while driving.
To foster your intuition, take a trip down memory lane to an Ah-Ha moment you’ve already experienced. Write in as much detail as possible what you remember-images, feelings, sensory awareness, and all the emotions that the moment stimulated. Review what you’ve written. In reviewing, you’ll find clues to how your intuition works and how to become your own consciousness coach.
Keep an Intuition Journal
Some people keep dream journals. Those practicing and cultivating intuition keep Intuition Journals.
Give yourself fifteen minutes each day to check in with your gut and see if there is anything you need to be aware of. Just write down whatever comes and then go about your regular schedule.
After a week, you’ll begin to see patterns. You might notice that your intuition communicates in brief sentences, images, metaphors, caring advice, or a soliloquy.
The Bottom Line
Be open to the idea that your intuition is giving you important information that you need to know. Ultimately, when you decide your need to know is so important that you can’t ignore intuitive signals, you’ll have made intuition a priority in your life.
If a strong feeling of certainty arises from your intuitive exercises, write it down. Ignore your intellect’s questions or judgments, and truly trust your gut-level feelings, images, or awareness. Re-read all that has happened to you; see how intuition has worked for you and how being incongruent did not.
Learn from experience that your intuitions are to be trusted.